Skip to main content

The Match-Maker by Tucker Labare

Caregivers are one of the most important aspects of in-home care as they interact with the clients on a daily basis and ensure that the clients are well taken care of. As important as it is to have qualified, caring and experienced caregivers in Vermont and New Hampshire at TLC Homecare; it is just as important finding the correct caregiver for each home care client. Home healthcare is all about keeping clients in a safe and comfortable environment as they age and the caregivers have everything to do with this. But just because a caregiver has years of experience, it does not mean their personality or skill set will match that of the home care client they are working with. It is my job to play “match-maker” to ensure the client, client’s family and caregiver are all happy with the home health aide.

The process of choosing the correct caregiver for a home care client starts the minute that new client comes on board with TLC Homecare. As soon as they choose TLC Homecare as their in-home health care provider, I look to see where the client is located which allows me to narrow down which pool of caregivers to choose from. I then take a look to see what home care hours are needed as this allows me to narrow the pool of caregivers down even further since some caregivers are looking for a lot of in-home healthcare hours, while others are looking for fewer hours. The final step is to find out important information about the home care client. Does the client have any special needs that only certain caregivers are able t deal with? Do they enjoy certain activities? Do they have a preference when it comes to males or females?

Once all of these things are taken into consideration I contact the caregiver that we feel would be the best fit and see if they are interested in working with the home care client. The caregiver then begins to work with that client and we hope that it is a good match. Typically, if it is not a good match personality wise or skill wise, we will hear about it quickly from either the caregiver or the client’s family. Our overall goal is to ensure that each client gets to age happily in the comfort of their own home. We want all of your clients to have the following experience when everything is said and done: “TLC’s wonderful staff was tremendously helpful in supporting us in having my father home on hospice. They were amazingly flexible, going the extra mile on numerous occasions to fit around our schedule. The individual caregivers were skilled, patient and caring. We never would have been able to do this without TLC, and it meant so much to my father.”

With that said, it is not always guaranteed to be a good match between the caregiver and the home care client, but TLC Homecare will do whatever it takes to ensure each client ends up with a caregiver they are happy with. It is a bit of a puzzle, but thanks to our wonderful in-home healthcare aides we are able to eventually match each one of our clients with a qualified, caring and experienced caregiver.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story to becoming a Caregiver by Yenda’Me Malia, LNA

I grew up in Claremont, New Hampshire with my mother, father, and older brother, Tony. All of us were healthy, except for Mum, she was always sick. I cannot remember a time in my childhood, or my adulthood when she did not have something wrong with her. She had Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, ovarian cancer, and diabetes, to name a few. She fought hard to be well, and, with the exception of all her life-threatening illnesses, she was able to lead a somewhat normal life. There were, however, a lot of trips to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, a lot of check-ups with her general practitioner and a lot of treatments; some common, some experimental, some that could kill her. As a young child in elementary and middle school, I worried about my mother all the time. There were many days I envisioned coming home from school to find her deceased, and it terrified me. When I knew she was having a particularly bad day, I would do extra chores to help her out, so she could rest. I knew, from that young age
Is Home Care the Right Fit? People typically reach a point in life where they either don’t know what to do or feel like they are stuck between two incredibly difficult options, when it comes to what the best choice for an aging loved one would be. Do you put them in an assisted-living facility where they have care 24/7, but risk making them unhappy as they will be living in an unfamiliar and potentially uncomfortable environment? Or do you look to see if there is a different option available that causes less stress and change? Regardless of what decision is made, seeing a family member or loved one age can be a difficult process as there are so many different things to think about and balance. You always want what is best and safest for your loved one, but sometimes it seems like the easiest option would be to put them in a assisted-living facility so they can get around the clock care. However, there is an alternative option out there that minimizes change in one’s life and that

Becoming an LNA By: Angeline J Hemple

Becoming an LNA By: Angeline J Hemple My story in a nutshell on why I feel I am who I am today. When I was a child, I noticed I always had a sensitive side, mostly with Animals. Where I grew up the kids were not so nice so I stuck to myself a lot. But I wanted to be sweet and cheerful and I felt sad because I couldn't be those things. I was told I had to be tough, Not to show my sensitive side so other kids wouldn't think different of me. I lived basically in a wooded area growing up and it was full of life. A place where I could be me. I pretended to be a doctor and would go in the woods and build a fort from whatever I could find. When I finished my task, I would go find nature animals, knowing how dangerous it could be. But I didn't see it like that. I always knew there is a danger in whatever it is you do. But I was not afraid. And that’s where I found my first patient, a baby bird that fell out his nest by the river. I knew the rules if you touch it, mom would n