Skip to main content

I became an LNA by Tabitha Chatfield


I became an LNA for several reasons; I was interfused to the field when my mom was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer doc's gave her 6 months and she made it 2 and 1/2 years she was home I was grateful I gave her a foot rub every night. couple years later fiend of the family fell and broke her hip I stayed with her for couple months the son came on weekends and the daughter would come for an hour once a week I helped with ADL's for her. The Son wanted to move her closer to him so she ended up in a Nursing Home. A few years later my uncle who was paralyzed for 40 years was in a Nursing Home and when he passed he had chronic Pneumonia and bed course. We when to see him every Sunday after church I felt so bad he had suffered.

For some people, working on their car makes them happy, for others, it is the love of animals they form and become vets or do a job just because. I Love to help people always have. I was told be a wise person if you do what you Love it's not work. People pick to do what they do for many reasons, for you to get my whole reason why it would be my whole autoBiography

What?
- With that short part of a lot of reasons I want everyone (as they can be) Happy, (as they can be) Healthy, (as they can be) Clean. My Family, Friend, and the many life experiences I've had over the last 31 years.

How it ties with TLC
- I can be there for the people and their families. If I can put a smile on there face or make them feel better it makes me feel good. Kind of selfish, I like to hear their stories or just let them know I am there to help. Sometimes it's helping the people mentally, physically, or emotionally.

How I improve my field
- The clients know I care how they feel, what they want, and they can talk to me, in establishing a trust they my trust others in my field the same.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story to becoming a Caregiver by Yenda’Me Malia, LNA

I grew up in Claremont, New Hampshire with my mother, father, and older brother, Tony. All of us were healthy, except for Mum, she was always sick. I cannot remember a time in my childhood, or my adulthood when she did not have something wrong with her. She had Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, ovarian cancer, and diabetes, to name a few. She fought hard to be well, and, with the exception of all her life-threatening illnesses, she was able to lead a somewhat normal life. There were, however, a lot of trips to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, a lot of check-ups with her general practitioner and a lot of treatments; some common, some experimental, some that could kill her. As a young child in elementary and middle school, I worried about my mother all the time. There were many days I envisioned coming home from school to find her deceased, and it terrified me. When I knew she was having a particularly bad day, I would do extra chores to help her out, so she could rest. I knew, from that young age

Spring is in the Air... Time to Head Outdoors

Although it may feel like warmer weather will never come, it is right around the corner. With warmer weather, comes the opportunity to get outside, enjoy the fresh air and get exercise. It is important for both the mind and body to be outside and away from the comforts of your own home, as long winters can make it feel like you have been stuck inside for months on end. According to a study completed in 2010, time spent outdoors make people feel “more alive”. This study illustrated that spending time outdoors can lead to an increased sense of energy; which is vitally important for both the mental and physical health of an elderly individual. According to the study done by Richard Ryan, a psychology professor at the University of Rochester, "Nature is fuel for the soul. Often when we feel depleted we reach for a cup of coffee, but research suggests a better way to get energized is to connect with nature." It is evident that spending time outdoors is critical to a full
Is Home Care the Right Fit? People typically reach a point in life where they either don’t know what to do or feel like they are stuck between two incredibly difficult options, when it comes to what the best choice for an aging loved one would be. Do you put them in an assisted-living facility where they have care 24/7, but risk making them unhappy as they will be living in an unfamiliar and potentially uncomfortable environment? Or do you look to see if there is a different option available that causes less stress and change? Regardless of what decision is made, seeing a family member or loved one age can be a difficult process as there are so many different things to think about and balance. You always want what is best and safest for your loved one, but sometimes it seems like the easiest option would be to put them in a assisted-living facility so they can get around the clock care. However, there is an alternative option out there that minimizes change in one’s life and that