Skip to main content

Why I love my job by Sherry Lowell


The reasons I became an LNA/Caregiver, is because I felt the need to give back and felt there's a need for people that can no longer do for themselves; or family members are exhausted from the care they have given to a loved one. I feel with our veterans and the elderly, there is a need that I feel is tremendous and my chance to give back for the freedom they have given us. 

I initially became a licensed nurse's assistant because of my daughter's passing. I wanted to show the compassionate side while grieving for my daughter. I now feel it's my pleasure and devote love for the work I do. Each person I care for or do something for is more my friends than clients. 

I feel that since coming to TLC I have improved on many things. TLC is a compassionate company and shows us as LNA's or caregivers that we are appreciated and we then show our caring and love for the company.

While working for TLC it's easy to fulfill my calling. I've been doing this work for over 32 years and it's showed me that being kind and patient is so much better to be towards other than the latter. I am extremely proud to be on the team of TLC NURSING.

Thank you for this opportunity to tell you about why I love my job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Story to becoming a Caregiver by Yenda’Me Malia, LNA

I grew up in Claremont, New Hampshire with my mother, father, and older brother, Tony. All of us were healthy, except for Mum, she was always sick. I cannot remember a time in my childhood, or my adulthood when she did not have something wrong with her. She had Hodgkin’s Lymphoma, ovarian cancer, and diabetes, to name a few. She fought hard to be well, and, with the exception of all her life-threatening illnesses, she was able to lead a somewhat normal life. There were, however, a lot of trips to Dartmouth Hitchcock Medical Center, a lot of check-ups with her general practitioner and a lot of treatments; some common, some experimental, some that could kill her. As a young child in elementary and middle school, I worried about my mother all the time. There were many days I envisioned coming home from school to find her deceased, and it terrified me. When I knew she was having a particularly bad day, I would do extra chores to help her out, so she could rest. I knew, from that young age...

Meet TLC's first client...

Mohamed Basha was just 21 years old when we saw a need in his community and decided to do something about it. “Being a nurse, just seeing what was happening in nursing homes, hospitals, and people leaving the hospital without the care that they need at home... I wanted to get something where we’re serving the community and the seniors not only in their homes, but anywhere else they may live” stated Basha. Sally Dondes is a honorary co-founder of TLC with Mohamed as well as TLC’s first client and dearest friend. “I’m very proud of him. Every night, I still have the little prayer rug up in the cupboard, he would take it out, put it down, and pray. And now his dreams have come true. From nothing, to everything he has now” stated Dondes. Sally noted that the day she had fallen 10 years ago is the same day Mohamed became a nurse and that it was fate. He was always what she needed. To this day, if Sally is in the hospital, Mohamed is the first one personally there assuring that she is wel...

Spring is in the Air... Time to Head Outdoors

Although it may feel like warmer weather will never come, it is right around the corner. With warmer weather, comes the opportunity to get outside, enjoy the fresh air and get exercise. It is important for both the mind and body to be outside and away from the comforts of your own home, as long winters can make it feel like you have been stuck inside for months on end. According to a study completed in 2010, time spent outdoors make people feel “more alive”. This study illustrated that spending time outdoors can lead to an increased sense of energy; which is vitally important for both the mental and physical health of an elderly individual. According to the study done by Richard Ryan, a psychology professor at the University of Rochester, "Nature is fuel for the soul. Often when we feel depleted we reach for a cup of coffee, but research suggests a better way to get energized is to connect with nature." It is evident that spending time outdoors is critical to a full ...